May Mobility, Inc. is an autonomous vehicle startup located in Ann Arbor, Michigan that deploys fleets of driverless vehicles for enterprise customers. Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticists and software engineers with decades of experience fielding autonomous systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking for new team members as we enter into an exciting phase of growth for the company.
Technical Support Engineers @ May
Our technical support engineers are the interface between the R&D engineering team and our technical and operations staff at remote sites. Based at our headquarters in Ann Arbor, you will be focused on identifying, prioritizing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving issues that occur with May’s autonomous fleet as it operates in the field.
As the link between engineering and product operation, you will work to confirm the resolution of issues with field operations, coordinate software / hardware rollouts and provide engineers with adequate data, verification of facts and initial root cause analysis to improve May Mobility product reliability over time.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn how autonomous vehicles work and be a key contributor to the company that is making Autonomous Vehicle technology a reality today.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success:
- Champion safety and reliability for May’s vehicles and customers
- Research and root cause issues using software logs and sensor data, field telemetry and bug reports
- Understand and support May vehicle products, starting from the physical vehicle to sensors and controls up to higher-level autonomy interactions involving perception and behavior.
- Identify and drive long-term resolution of issues across the May fleet, escalating issues to support management as required
- Coordinate and ensure operations readiness when hardware / software changes are deployed to the production vehicle fleet
- Maintain and contribute to a technical documentation knowledge base
- Identify areas of product improvement towards product serviceability, support, and rider experience
- 1-3 years experience in a technical support or quality role. This could mean you have supported ADAS, robotics, electronics devices, operating systems or other products with complex software and hardware integration
- Experience debugging software and/or electro-mechanical components
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow process while being able to think independently when required
- Apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems; while at the same time involving engineering with upfront facts, as appropriate.
Nice to have Skills:
- Basic Linux Command-Line Abilities (ssh, mkdir, cd, ls)
- Ability to write Python Code for automating data analysis, for example