May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market: low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit, Michigan and Columbus, Ohio navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
May Mobility is entering into an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. We are launching operations in Providence, Rhode Island this spring and are looking for an experienced Site Supervisor to be a part of the local team.
- Do you love learning about new technology?
- Are you an empathetic communicator and collaborative problem solver? Can you bring an exceptional balance of people skills and process-driven focus to the team?
- Are you capable of thriving in a startup environment where no two days are the same, and willing to tackle both large and small tasks with an “all hands on deck” mentality?
- Do you have a high level of personal responsibility that allows you to lead by example, work independently for long periods of time, and easily navigate between smooth and hectic shifts?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, this could be the role for you!
As a Site Supervisor, you will work independently and alongside your teammates to ensure a safe and positive experience for our riders, contracted Fleet Attendants, and customers by coordinating daily logistics and handling any issues that arise. You will report directly to the Site Manager and will be vital in ensuring May Mobility exceeds expectations for customer satisfaction.
- Oversee contracted Fleet Attendants and daily shuttle operations to ensure exceptional passenger satisfaction and uninterrupted service
- Ensure that operations during each shift follow rigorous safety guidelines; continuously develop a culture of safety that is beyond reproach
- Follow daily protocols and track site performance metrics to systematically improve outcomes
- Become an expert in quickly collecting, documenting, and reporting feedback on mechanical and vehicle-related issues to the engineering team; collaborate with engineers and other team members to troubleshoot and handle escalations that could negatively impact operations
- Directly impact the operating budget and profit and loss responsibility
- Create a work environment that values all team members
- Cover shifts across days and times that fall outside normal business hours
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple platforms; strict attention to detail in every situation
- High comfort level with making judgment calls in ambiguous situations
- A demonstrated commitment to providing top-notch customer service
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- 3+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Associates degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or related area
- Prior experience in operations or logistics
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
- Starting salary $50-55K
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Generous paid vacation days and holidays
- Meaningful stock options