May Mobility, Inc. is an autonomous vehicle startup located in Ann Arbor, Michigan that deploys fleets of driverless vehicles for enterprise customers. Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticists and software engineers with decades of experience fielding autonomous systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking for new team members as we enter into an exciting phase of growth for the company.
Software Engineering @ May
May software engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re writing software for our vehicle, improving tooling for autonomy or building cloud infrastructure for our customers, our software engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
Software engineers at May are experts in their domain. While our code base is primarily focused on C and Python, we welcome engineers for a variety of backgrounds as long as they are comfortable working in one of our primary languages or are willing to learn. Because our code directly controls the operation of autonomous vehicles, we have a very high bar for software quality, testability, and maintainability.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Contribute directly to our on-vehicle, operational, or data infrastructure software to advance our technological capabilities and improve the end-user experience
- Architect and design data infrastructure systems to enable large scale analysis
- Contribute to May’s real-time high performance vehicle codebase in C
- Partner with our world-class robotics engineers to develop tooling, visualization and introspection of May’s autonomous vehicle stack
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong working knowledge of data structures and algorithms in an object-oriented programming language
- Mastery of an object oriented programming language, such as C++, Python, or Java
- Experience designing, building, and expanding complex software systems with real-time and performance constraints
- Working knowledge of common software design methodologies and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Exceptional communication skills and team leading abilities
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience with Python or C/C++
- Experience building and managing large-scale data-processing pipelines in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
- Experience or interest in robotics or automotive projects
- Startup experience